Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A letter on RESOLVE

Bobby & Becky PicDear friends,

"There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
(Acts 4:12)

I once knew a guy who was exceptionally well-liked by everyone for being friendly, approachable and good humored. He had a favorite phrase that everyone heard who spent time with him. He'd say, "You need Jesus!" To my knowledge no one ever took it as preachy or trite, just a good reminder. Whether comforting others, commenting on politics, changing TV channels, or chatting with friends "You need Jesus" always seemed to fit. I am more and more convinced these days that he was really on to something!

You see, nobody trumps Jesus. Death couldn't keep him down. Now glorified, Christ's been bestowed with all authority and has been seated at the right hand of the throne of God. (Phil 2:9-11) Have you noticed that just verbally declaring his name seems to change something in the spiritual atmosphere wherever you are? When I was a small child my mother taught me to wake up and pray, declaring the name of Jesus in the night, when my dreams were scary or troubling. It calmed my soul about a gazillion times more than my night light or blankie ever did!

If Jesus was nominated for a high school yearbook designation today, he'd probably lose on "Most Popular" but he'd win hands down on "The Greatest Hope of the World!" He's the undisputed champion of equipping people to live spiritually-thriving lives.

Receive him in your heart as Savior and he'll wash away the stain of sin. Give him your trust today and he'll guide you through the decisions you face. Entrust to him your prayers this week and he'll begin bringing answers you never imagined possible. No matter your life stage or circumstances, let's refocus our attention this month on Jesus.

May our souls resonate with the old African American spiritual song "Give me Jesus, Give me Jesus, You can have all this world, Just give me Jesus."

Keeping my eyes on Him,

Pastor Bobby




No comments:

Post a Comment